210: Collaboration in NEPA
Why take this training?
This intensive workshop explores when and how to incorporate
collaboration into NEPA processes. Focused on building a core skill
set for federal agency personnel involved in implementing NEPA, as
well as for representatives of tribal, state, and local governments and
nongovernmental stakeholder interests seeking to engage more
collaboratively with federal agencies in NEPA processes. In this
workshop, participants will work together in designing ways to build
collaboration into NEPA processes that are appropriate and feasible
given specific situational opportunities and constraints. Realistic roleplaying
exercises, involving multiple governmental entities and
nongovernmental stakeholders, will provide opportunities to practice
essential skills needed to design, implement, and participate
effectively in collaborative NEPA processes.
What will you learn?
Through this course, participants will:
- Develop an appreciation for the challenges and opportunities associated with collaboration in NEPA
- Recognize situations where collaboration in NEPA is more likely and less likely to be successful
- Develop skills in identifying who needs to be collaboratively engaged in a particular NEPA process
- Develop skills in assessing realistic opportunities for successful collaboration in NEPA and/or conflict resolution interventions at specific steps in a NEPA process
- Practice designing integrated NEPA processes that build in realistic opportunities for collaboration
- Increase self-awareness of both strengths and areas for improvement regarding essential skills for effective collaboration, including communication, relationship-building, bilateral and multi-party negotiation, and facilitative leadership
Working knowledge of NEPA process
Currently Scheduled Courses
There are currently no courses scheduled. Would you like to add yourself to our waiting list?